Trump announced the closure of Chinese apps ‘TikTok’

US President Donald Trump has announced the closure of the Chinese app TikTok in his country. He said he would soon issue an executive order to shut down the popular video-sharing app TikTok.

The BBC reports that Trump told reporters on Friday. “The TikTok is a concern for us,” he told reporters on Air Force One. Earlier, US security officials feared that China could use the app to steal personal information from the US public.

TikTok authorities have been saying such fears are baseless from the beginning. They say the app is not controlled by the Chinese government and they do not exchange information with the Chinese government.

There was no immediate comment from Tiktuk on the issue after the US President announced the closure of Tiktuk. But a spokesman for TikTok said they were “very optimistic” about TikTok’s success in the United States.

“The TikTok is a concern for us,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One. Image-CNBC

TikTok has an estimated 65 million to 80 million users in the United States. Trump’s announcement took the bitterness about Sino-US a step further. The United States ordered the closure of the Chinese consulate in Houston last month in the wake of the recent cold war. In retaliation, China ordered the closure of the US Consulate in Chengdu, Sichuan Province.

Tightcom’s parent company, ByteDance, is headquartered in Beijing and has spread worldwide since it became popular in China. As its popularity grew, so did its criticism. Tiktak has been the most criticized in the United States. Several senators in the country called for an investigation.

On June 30, India shut down 59 Chinese apps in India, including TickTock and WeChat. New Delhi has decided to shut down these apps, citing them as dangerous for the country. However, Delhi made the decision on June 15 after 20 Indian troops were killed in a border clash with China in Ladakh.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *